- Pandukabhaya (437 BC - 367 BC) - The first ruler, who built Anuradhapura as the capital of Sri Lanka. He was the grand son of King Paduvasdeva.
- Mutasiva (377 BC - 307 BC) - Son of Pandukabhaya.
- Devanampiyatissa (307 BC - 267 BC) - Son of Mutasiva. The arrival of Buddhism to Sri Lanka was happened in his reign. And also Sri Maha Bodhi planted in Anuradhapura was happened in king Devanampiyatissa's reign.
- Uttiya (267 BC - 257 BC) - Son of Mutasiva.
- Mahasiva (257 BC - 247 BC) - Son of Mutasiva.
- Suratissa (247 BC - 237 BC) - Younger son of Pandukabhaya.
- Sena & Guttika (237 BC - 215 BC) - The two Tamil chiefs from South India who invaded Anuradhapura and defeated King Suratissa in battle.
- Asela (215 BC - 205 BC) - Son of Mutasiva. He fought with Sena & Guttika and re-established the Anuradhapura kingdom.
- Elara (205 BC - 161 BC) - Chola king from South India who invaded Anuradhapura and defeated king Asela.
- Dutugemunu (161 BC - 137 BC) - Also called Dutthagamini and Gamini Abhaya. One of the Great kings in Sri Lankan history. Elder son of Kavantissa who was the king of ruhuna. King Dutugemunu defeated Elara in battle. Mirisavatiya, Lohapasada (Brazen Palace) for monks, Ruwanweliseya (Swarnamalee chetiya) were built by king Dutugemunu.
- Saddha Tissa (137 BC - 119 BC) - Younger son of Kavantissa and brother of Dutugemunu.
- Thulatthana (119 BC - 119 BC) - Son of Saddha Tissa.
- Lanja Tissa (119 BC - 109 BC) - Son of Saddha Tissa.
- Khallata Naga (109 BC - 104 BC) - Younger son of Saddha Tissa.
- Walagamba (104 BC - 103 BC) - Youngest son of Saddha Tissa. Also called Vattagamini Abhaya and Valagambahu.
Invasion of five Dravidian - Pulahatta (103 - 100 BC), Bahiya (100 - 98 BC), Panya mara (98 - 91BC), Paliya mara (91 - 90 BC), Dathika (90 - 88 BC)
- Walagamba (89 - 76 BC) - Defeated five Dravidian and regained the kingdom.
- Mahakuli Mahatissa (76 - 62 BC) -Son of Khallata Naga and
Invasion of Chola Kings. (1017 - 1070 AD)